Thursday, July 14, 2011

Funk Factory

I'm in a funk.

I'm tired of exercising. I'm tired of eating right. I'm tired of work. I'm tired of worrying about exercising, eating and working.

I'm just tired, really.

My head is playing bad games with the rest of me. And I need to snap out of it because if I don't, I'm going to start to undo the good stuff I've done.

And the truth is, skipping a workout doesn't make me feel better. It makes me feel worse. Eating badly doesn't make me feel better. It makes me feel worse. Fretting about work doesn't make my job better. It makes it worse.

So as my dear friend HR Girl says, via that Gabriella Volleyball Amazon Woman person: Working out (or eating right) is like going to your job. Some days you just don't want to do it, but you have to go anyway.

As with every problem on the planet, the answer is within me. I control me.

So I guess I'd better get to it, huh?

5 comments:

ww lifer said...

Hang in there! There's an end to the funk out there!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately funks happen! Try shaking things up a bit. Maybe find a new recipe - do a new type of workout. Even buying a cute new outfit (workout or just for fun) can get you back in the game.

YOU CAN DO IT!

SusieG said...

I get it, Miss Daisy...I have the funk too. Bought my first lottery ticket a week ago with big dreams of flicking everybody but my family and friends off of the island :) HR girl is very wise :) Getting thru the funk is a mindset to live our best lives every single day.....hang in there, it'll pass. Take a vacation!!!!!!!

HR GIRL said...

Hey all you Miss Daisy Followers and you too Daisy!

If you are reader or like to watch YouTube videos, check out Shawn Achor and The Happiness Advantage! It will help with the funk and it may give you a nugget or two to ponder.

Miss Daisy said...

Thanks for the encouragement, team! I chose to run a 5K this morning in an effort to beat the snot out of the funk and prove to it that it can't beat me. And, my hub got my bike tire fixed. So we have exercise alternatives all lined up.

But I'm liking the lottery ticket idea, SusieG. It might be time to buy one just in case fate decides it's by turn. I'll take the Carsick Caravan Crew in addition to my family on that island vaca!