Sunday, April 12, 2015

Shakin' Blue Tail Feathers

I love my Fit Bit because sometimes it cracks me up.

--------------------------------

After a long day on Friday, with 17,000+ steps that included a 5-mile early morning run and a trip to Miller Park, Saturday's numbers didn't look as good when I checked in at about 8:30 p.m.

I was kind of disappointed with the 6500 that had been recorded ... far below-desired goal of 10,000.

As I thought about the way we'd spent the day, I wasn't entirely surprised.

You see, we went to Chicago (sitting), had lunch at Howell & Hood in the Trib building (more sitting ... and mini red velvet cupcakes) and then took in a matinee performance of Blue Man Group (even more sitting).

Since we went as part of a group tour, we were dropped very near the restaurant and then dropped literally at the front door of the theater. Yes, it was uber convenient, but it just didn't allow for a bunch of steps. Good ol' FitBit was sort of flat-lining for much of the day.

Except for one spot.

There was an energetic spike of activity in the afternoon, during the time we were at the performance.

If you've never seen Blue Man, you might not know that they have a song called "Shake Your Euphemism." The song is essentially a nice back beat and a list of words for "butt." It's hilarious. (Listen to the song here and get the full lyrics here.)

To put it bluntly, at this point of the show, they encourage you to stand up and shake what your mama gave you.

Apparently, I did.

The smaller blips were from me tapping my feet, BTW! 

Mama would be proud of my Groove Thang. Or my Squash-Tart, as it were.

-----------------------------

If you want to see Blue Man for yourself, more info is here: http://www.blueman.com/chicago/about-show.

No comments: