Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Issuing a Challenge

How about a fun, everyone-can-do-it event we can do together?

http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1070719



On Dec. 14, there's a Jingle Bells 5K and 10K (that's 3.1 miles and 6.2 miles) run/walk in Madison. Proceeds support the Arthritis Foundation.

I'm going to raffle off ONE FREE ENTRY FEE. If you're willing to commit to the date, reply here or message me or call me or email me or whatever. I'll take everyone who says, "I'm in," throw your names in a hat and pick one as the winner of a free entry.

My offer stands to you, faithful readers of CC, and ANYONE you'd like to share this with. If we get more than 20 names in the hat, I'll pony up A SECOND FREE ENTRY. Grab your mom, your sister, your high school physics teacher ... I'd love to meet them all!

The cool part of this race is that you get to dress silly if you'd like to. Plus, the cause is great, you get a free Tshirt and it will be completely awesome if it's snowing like crazy!

DON'T WORRY if you want to walk the 5k! I promise you will not have to do whatever distance you choose alone! If enough of us commit to doing this, we'll make sure there's a "buddy" for every distance/effort/pace. I will be the official cheerleader and promise to wear antlers.

And maybe, just maybe, we'll find a slice of pie (or a beer) afterward?

5 comments:

marthamac said...

What's the date? I would love to walk this in honor of my #1 girl who has juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Maybe she will join us too!

marthamac said...

Duh...just saw the date...my hubby's b-day! I'm still in!

HR Girl said...

Daisy,

Some day I will tell you about my first and only Jingle Bell Run! It is actually a lot of fun and if it is the same route, it starts at the zoo and weaves through the Monroe St area and ends back at the zoo. Enjoy - I still have my great hat and scarf (that's what you get when you a high money raiser)....which I was.

HR Girl said...

I am not committing to anything, but there are technically 14 weeks until this race/walk, so this link is a seven week training and if you are like me and probably will need to walk before you can run, one could technically "build" up and do the first seven weeks of training in walk mode and the second seven weeks of training try the run mode.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/images/pdfs/fsm14_5K_run.pdf

Again, I have not committed.....

Miss Daisy said...

Oh, I am committing you.