Sunday, September 8, 2013

Even Good Girls Break the Rules

I made a good effort this week.

I ate pretty well. I rode my bike to work twice, in an effort to "make up" for the couple of weeks I had to skip out on my one-day-a-week promise. I dragged my hind end out of bed on the other days and hit my treadmill downstairs. I got two weight lifting days in.

I wasn't perfect, but I did OK. Which led to a weekend of debauchery.

Friday night, I broke the "Don't drink pointless calories" rule. I had a few beers. Three to be exact ... and they knocked me on my keister. (Yup, that was me. In bed by 8:30 p.m. Lightweight.)

Saturday, I broke the "Don't keep baked goods in the house" rule by baking cookies. Delicious mint chocolate chip cookies. Oh my word ... they were so yummy. Thank goodness I could take them to my mom's today and LEAVE them there.

Sunday's broken rule was a bit different.

Sorry, Mr. Farmer. I trespassed. Into your corn field. I was in the middle of my 11 walking miles, too far from home to, you know, answer Mother Nature's call in an appropriate and ladylike manner.

Thank goodness for rural roads, not much traffic and very tall corn stalks.

Look out, world. This bad ass rule breaker is on the loose. Alert the authorities! Hide your children!

Or, maybe, try not to yawn.

No comments: