Monday, September 16, 2013

Olivia, Jane ... and Miss Daisy?

Well, I completed my first R.I.P.P.E.D class.

I didn't die. I didn't trip. I didn't even fart out loud.

I did modify a lot of the bouncy, side-to-side, impact stuff. Which means I ended up marching in place while everyone else did fun, dancy, high-knees kind of moves, but that's OK.

I liked that it was a combination of Just Dance and Boxing. With a little Jillian and Strength Training thrown in. All things I like. All things I can do.

In fact, I started with the 5-lb. hand weights today and I might up it to 8's on Wednesday.

I think the instructor thinks I'm wimping out by not doing it all the "right" way. But I just don't feel like going to the emergency room again. And I'm saving my high-impact activity for running. Because I love that best. (Five miles Saturday morning! Woot! I've been paying for it for two days, but it's worth it.)

In the end, it's going to be two nights a week of extra calorie burn. Couple that with the one less hour I can spend eating ... win-win! Plus it shakes up my routine a bit and my body always seems to react well to that.

So, Olivia Newton John, I do see you ... and your friend Jane Fonda ... in this little adventure. Thankfully, there's no leotard required.

(P.S. You can still buy this on Amazon ...)



No comments: