Friday, September 20, 2013

What Are You Doing On Sunday?

Got weekend plans?

I think I'm going to enter a duathlon.

I stumbled across it while picking through Active.com last night and I just can't stop thinking about it.

It's a run/bike event, in a community near and dear to my heart. And I would like to know if I can do it.

The course is in Ixonia and the run goes right past my aunt's house. It's a 2-mile run, then a 17-mile bike ride, then another 2-mile run. It would likely take me 2 hours and 20 minutes-ish, given my current very slow miles, assuming I'd walk some. That's not significantly different than the time it takes for my normal long weekend workout.

Of course, I could just do the same thing in my neighborhood and skip the entry fee.

But that just wouldn't be the same, would it?

Race starts at the Fireman's Hall, 9 a.m. Registration from 7 to 8:30 a.m. ... just in case you want to join me.



http://www.greatlakesduathlonseries.com/page/show/733556-lake-country-duathlon

No comments: