Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Old Girl Don't Bounce Back Like She Used To!

Well, we're at T-minus 12 days to the Kenosha half marathon. I'm ready, in that I know I'll finish. But I'm also sure there will be no PR.

I did 13.1 miles on Sunday morning ... indoors, because I had a super tight time-frame to get things done and had to take 15 minutes to make a call for work somewhere around Mile 4.

And when I was done, I showered, climbed in my car, and then started on a road trip with some of my favorite people ... a road trip that ended at Ikea and the mall.

So if you're keeping score at home, that's 13.1 miles running with an additional mile of warm up and cool down, sitting cramped up in a car for about 3 hours total, and walking for another 3-3.5 hours.

This is, of course, after my first RIPPED class in over two weeks on Saturday.

I was a hurtin' unit on Monday. My body hurt and I was tired. Really. Really. Tired.

And I felt old. Really. Really. Old.

The whole thing reminded me how important those rest days are.

And I took one on Monday. The ol' Fitbit said I moved less than 3,000 steps and I was in bed, watching DVR'd Mad Men by 7:30 p.m.

But that's OK.

This is sort of how the Old Gray Mare that is me moved on Monday.
But I didn't wear the red hat. I draw the line at the red hat. 





1 comment:

Greg said...

Your blog is awesome. Sometimes, the images you include with your posts don't show up. It's like a small hole in your favorite sock.