Saturday, May 23, 2015

Fitbit is Funny!

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat, a full head and a sort of ornery attitude. Jim's had a couple of nasty sinus infections this spring and I was not about to put up with that crap.

So by last night, after a day filled with moving boxes for our office move, I was kind of all in by about 8:30 p.m. I set my mind, and my alarm, to get up in time to ride my bike to RIPPED this morning at 6:30 a.m.

I'm a big believer in the "kill it or cure it" approach to anything resembling a cold.

Since I hadn't been on my bike since last fall, the trip into town was a bit of a wake-up call for my quads. And it took a bit longer than I planned, but I made it, ran through RIPPED and headed home.

Curious to see how Fitbit would read the biking part of the trip, I logged in once I got there.

This is what I found:


The ride in, between 5:50-ish and 6:35-ish didn't look too strenuous. The hour of actual class usually registers shy of 4000 steps and less than 2 miles. I left class about 7:45 and then stopped to chat with some friends in our old neighborhood. I was home by 8:45 or so. But look, the ride home was considerably more active than the ride in.

Except for the part where I apparently fell asleep:


No comments: