Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Shortest. Bike Ride. Ever.

Got a text from my bike ridin' cousin Mary a couple of days ago with a photo attached. The pic was of her Trek 100 bib and the message said, "Ready to ride?"

Shit.

I forgot to sign up for the Trek 100 ride.

A quick glance at the website proved that A) I missed the Early Bird Discount by a mile. B) I also missed online registration altogether.

All that notwithstanding, Jim and I are going to do the 19-mile route ... his first-ever ride. As such, we made an attempt at a training run tonight.

We loaded up our bikes on my new Saris bike rack, drove to the bike trail and hit the ground rolling.

A mile in, I had a back tire going flat.

Back to the car we went.

"Think you can do that 9 more times?" I asked Jim as we were loading bikes back onto the rack.

"Yup."

So, I guess we're ready ... after we have the guys at Michael's Cycles take a look at my tire to see if it's the tire or just a tube that needs to be replaced.

Hahahahaha!


No comments: