Sunday, July 26, 2015

Grocery Day Prep

Let me start by saying,

I HATE GOING TO THE GROCERY STORE.

Especially on a weekend. Especially on a weekend at Woodman's. But go, I must, at least once a week. (For the record, I barely survived today's trip ... between the construction and the approximately 873 other people in the store, I made it out just before I flipped my lid.)

But then I got home and was happy to put all of this together:

  • Carrots peeled and cut. 
  • Red peppers, deseeded and sliced.
  • Seedless cucumbers, one sliced for snacking and one currently in the process of becoming 24-hour refrigerator pickles. 
  • Jicama, peeled and matchsticked.
  • Corn on the cob, shucked for dinner this evening.
  • Iceburg, washed and chillin' for BLTs Monday night.
  • Green grapes, rinsed and ready. 
  • Bowl full o'cherries, duds removed.
  • Seedless watermelon, cut up and getting cold for tonight's snack. 

After yesterday's German Fest fun, it's back to good stuff for the week. And now that it's all ready for me, there are no excuses for not eating well.



No comments: