Monday, November 17, 2014

My Holiday Plan

I'm not sure how it happened, but the holidays are upon us.

Again.

Which means it 's time to make the plan for not gaining another few pounds. And I have a new strategy this year that I'm super excited about!

(You can read strategies from other years here. It's a search on the word "holiday" ... so there are a couple of Holiday Inn posts that made the search results page, along with Christmas and Thanksgiving posts. Ba haha!)

Along with three other lovely ladies, and led by my friend Peggy, I am embarking on an 8-week down and dirty program to keep things in check over the holidays. The small group will meet once a week for a hardcore workout, review of our food journal and general support/encouragement. We have individually discussed our goals with Peggy and committed to them. She's there to cheer us on and bust our asses if needed.

We weighed in and measured up last Friday morning's inaugural session at 5:30 a.m. and will weigh in and measure up again at the end of 8 weeks.

I like the idea that I'm accountable to someone, or a group of them. I love the small group workout. Talking through my hopes, fears and goals helps me get right in my head and that's appreciated, too.

So far, I'm keeping up my end of the bargain from the workout side. I'm not journaling my food yet, but I'm going to get there before the week is up. And I will admit to two pieces of chocolate today when my goal was one.

But I'm on the right road.

Bring it on, Holidays. I'm ready for you.


Want more information about creating your own small group workout program? You can find Peggy on her new/still-in-development Facebook Page here. "Like" it to get updates on everything she has going on!

No comments: