Monday, November 3, 2014

Prepping for a Girls' Trip

I'm headed out with some old friends (old as in we've been friends for a long time ... not one of us is actually old! LOL) and doing what I need to do to make sure things don't go off the rails.

This is what I've done so far:
1. Grocery shopped for snack/breakfast food. My Woodman's cart included baby carrots, Twizzlers, pretzels, Cherry Coke Zero, Oktoberfest beer, apples, clementines and Cliff Bars. I purposely left chips, cookies, crackers and additional candy at the store.

2. Booked hotel with fitness center.

3. Researched weekend 5K runs in our destination city on the chance that I can talk someone into going with me.

4. Planned meals thoughtfully for the days leading up to departure in an effort to "save" some calories for the weekend.

5. Began mindfully thinking about the weekend and strategizing my eating plan. I know that might sound sort of ridiculous, but I like having a plan formed ahead of time so I don't mindlessly cram calories in my craw.

My goal is to enjoy the weekend fully ... and not bring home any regret from overindulging. Instead, I will truly fill up on the laughter, memories, and chatter that hanging with old friends invariably brings.


No comments: