Thursday, October 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Turkey Meatloaf

We had a real dinner last night. Like a Brady Bunch meal. We used real plates and everything.

It was meatloaf and mashed ... but totally different than mom used to make.

First, the meatloaf was ground turkey and it started with this Rachel Ray recipe that was so freaking good:

Rachel Ray Nutty Turkey Loaf
http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/18900_nutty_turkey_loaf_with_cracked_cranberry_and_orange_sauce/

I made changes, because I didn't have all of the ingredients.

1. I didn't make the cranberry sauce, but I bet it would be great alongside.
2. I didn't have pine nuts, nor hazelnuts, nor wine. I substituted a handful of toasted walnuts and roasted peanuts for the nut part and just skipped the sherry.
3. I didn't have fresh herbs, so I used dry.
4. I didn't measure anything. Ha!

It was like Thanksgiving in a loaf. It would be perfect if you're planning a small holiday get together and didn't want to make a whole turkey. In fact, I served it with the mashed cauliflower I made the other day and it was the perfect side.

Seriously, make this!

No comments: