Wednesday, February 4, 2015

I Want Bling ... and Bathrooms!

I spent tonight looking for my next half marathon. These are the criteria:

1. Must be before mid-June
2. Must be within 150 miles from home
3. Must be Jim-friendly (ample race-day parking, easy for him to manuever as a spectator)
4. Must be big enough to be "nice," small enough to be friendly and manueverable (no Chicago with 10,000 runners), and one I haven't done before
5. Must have more than 4 aid stations/bathroom stops
6. Must be relatively flat
7. Must be visually entertaining (i.e. not all country roads, not all city streets)
8. Must not include 6 million turns/corners or too many short stretches
9. Must have a cool logo and website
10. And, most importantly, must have a cool medal

I'm still looking. I might be asking for a bit too much.

What are your plans?


1 comment:

marthamac said...

No half for this girl, but I am hoping for a partner to join me for my first 10k! Glow in the dark bling is hard to pass up, don't you think?