Sunday, June 15, 2014

69, 120, 300, 365ish

I've got a few important numbers to talk about.

69: In 69 hours, our ship will leave the port in Vancouver and head to Whittier, Alaska. We have our suitcases started ... the clothes are all in. Nothing but grubby underwear and non-Alaska-bound outfits for work this week. Have to run to town tomorrow night to get a few last-minute things, pack the electronics and snacks and weigh everything to make sure we're in compliance.

120: I put 120 miles on my bike last week by starting with the Trek outing. And that's a week that had two days off ... no riding on Sunday (rest day) and Wednesday (rain). I was feeling pretty good about that ... cocky even, until I heard about ...

300: That's the number of miles my cousin will cover on her bike in July during a SIX-DAY tour. She and a friend will be rolling through the north woods for 50 miles a day, six days in a row, camping each night. Holy crap! Three-hundred miles sounds almost impossible to me. And it kicks 120 in a week in the ass! I am so impressed by her! And so intrigued. So I went online last night and found a couple of similar rides, mentioned them to my girl today at our Father's Day lunch and she said she would do it with me next year! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

365ish: Depending on which ride we pick (there are a couple in the north woods and I found one that does the coastline of Door County), I have 365ish days to train. What a great way to spend a week with your kid, right? A week of just us, hanging out, complaining about our sore butts, picking on Jim when he's not there to defend himself ... making memories. When your kid has to split time between two sets of parents, you sort of automatically only see them half as much for holidays, birthdays, and other big events. Then your kid grows up and has a job and school and a life, it's harder still to get as much time as you want one-on-one. This will be such a great thing for us and I truly cannot wait. I'm holding you to this one, Kati!

Got a number you want to share?

1 comment:

marthamac said...

My number is 30. Exactly 30 days from TODAY is when I began my journey (with your support!) My goal was to lose 30 pounds by that 1 year mark, I am 7 pounds away from that goal. (Those last 7 have been hanging on for a long time) Enjoy your well-deserved vacation!!! I'd worry about the seasickness thing too...I get sick in the wave pool at Noah's Ark! (grin)