Friday, June 6, 2014

Tomorrow We Ride ... 36 Miles

Tomorrow is the first official bike ride of the year. It's the Trek 100 http://www.trek100.org/ in Waterloo, Trek's HQ.

I'm riding with my brother-in-law and Trek employee, Juan Carlos. We had the option of 19-, 36-, 62- or 100-mile routes. Thankfully, he chose the 36-miler.

I'm pretty sure I'm not ready for anything more. In fact, I'm not sure I'm ready for 36. The 8 miles into work and 8 miles home, two times a week, is not actually "training." It's better than nothing, but it's not a sustained 16 ... which is HALF of 32.

Math. Gotta love math.

I'm going to finish. I want the jersey.












P.S. The ride is a fundraiser for the MACC Fund (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer. If you'd like to donate, there are forms on the website to do just that.

No comments: