Sunday, December 7, 2014

Lean in 13 ... -ish

Tomorrow, I start a new challenge.

I'm going to do a 13-day clean eating reset in which my days will look like this:

  • Days 1 and 2: Breakfast, lunch, dinner ... only protein and veg. No carbs, no fruit. Two snacks a day of protein. 
  • Day 3: Breakfast, lunch ... only protein and veg. Dinner ... protein and complex carb (whole grain, sweet potato, fruit). Two snacks a day, fruit allowed. 

Repeat that cycle for 13 days.

The goal is to avoid sugar, soda, white flour, processed foods ... you know, the crap I've been eating all day today!

(For those of you familiar with Advocare, it's their program. I've opted to do just the eating part, not the whole supplement part.)

I'm trying to get my head ready tonight.

I know I'm going to be hungry. I know I'm going to want to quit or cheat. I know it won't be easy for me ... queen of chocolate. And did I mention that I just made Christmas cookies?

My goal is to reset my stomach, my tastebuds, my habits and my brain.  I've gotten really lazy with my eating. While the Mediterranean Food Pyramid is still my framework, I "break" from the script more often than I care to admit.

As we move into the holiday, I want to feel in control and this is the way I've chosen to do it.

Wish me luck.

Wish Jim luck, too. He's the poor bastard that will have to put up with (likely cranky) me for 13 days.


No comments: