Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Cometh ...

It's almost here. My very favorite day of the whole year. I LOOOOOVE Thanksgiving Dinner more than I love cheesburgers, chocolate chip cookies, crusty french bread with butter and cheese.

I love that perfect bite on one fork ... a little turkey, a little mashed potatoes and gravy, a little of my mom's sage stuffing and a little cranberry sauce from a can.

Oh, baby. It just doesn't get better than that.

So how do you gear up for a day that's all about eating?

I'm just gonna eat.

Someone asked me yesterday if I was sticking to my "diet" this week.

Nope. But I'm not going to blow my diet, either.

I'm going to stick to the things I crave and want most. I'm going to skip the things I like OK (like green bean casserole) and the things I eat every day (raw veggie tray).

I'm also going to work out in the morning before breakfast and I'm going to see if I can arrange a group walk after the big meal, weather permitting.

And I'm not going to feel guilty or worry about it or fret. It's one day in a whole year and I'm going to enjoy it.

Hope you do, too.

No comments: