Sunday, November 14, 2010

If It Feels Good, Do It

I guess the point of those last three posts is this:

If you pick an exercise that you like to do, you will keep doing it.

Find something you like. For me, it was walking. And when I couldn't walk, I found something else. Now that I can walk again, I'm walking. But every once in a while I plug in the Wii just for something different.

The same concept is true of the eating.

Find something you like and can stick to and then do it. For us it was Mediterranean. For you, it might be something else. Weight Watchers or calorie counting or whatever.

But the cold, hard truth is that you have to eat less and move more. It's a simple math equation of calories in and calories burned. Along the way, it's probably wise to make nutrition one of the goals because that's what helps you live and love a long time.

Not too exciting. But the payoff can be thrilling.

No comments: