Monday, May 5, 2014

Shooting Up

Tomorrow is injection day!

I'm getting my second round of Synvisc tomorrow ... and if all goes well, I'm going to try and do a half marathon on Saturday. 

Instead of three small injections, one week apart, I've requested one big injection, so I don't have to drive back to Madison two more times. I'm hoping the larger amount of stuff doesn't make me too "full" and stiff. 

Well, if I'm being completely honest, I'm sort of hoping it does make me too stiff and full because then I have an excuse to not do the half. I did not do a long run this week and, if you remember, my last long "run" was a disaster. 

But now that I've said that out loud, you know I have no choice but to go do the stinkin' half, right?  And I'll finish even if I have to crawl. 

(You remember this blog is really about me keeping me honest, don't you? Thank you for being my steering committee, confessional priest, therapist, cheering squad and/or conscience. You have no idea how much I appreciate you.) 


No comments: