Wednesday, February 5, 2014

New Priorities

Yesterday I told you I'd let you know one of the most important reasons I had for switching jobs.

But first I have to tell you about one of the things I didn't like about my old new job.

One of the things I didn't like about my old new job was that it took me about 35 minutes to drive there. One day, I made it in 30. Most days were closer to 40. The route was easy enough ... no major traffic, mostly open highway. But there were a few stoplights and it was just farther than I was used to.

That meant that I would be spending more time in the car. Which meant getting up earlier to get a workout in. Which eventually leads to skipping a workout because you're too tired.

And getting home later meant there was less time available for strength sessions at night.

You get the idea.

So my new new job is closer to my house. Much closer. Like 12-minutes-away closer.

More time for sleeping AND working out.

And what sealed the deal?

I can ride my bike there in the summer. It's close enough ... and there's a shower!

(Seriously, can you imagine your parents asking a prospective employer if there's a shower on site? Or a bike rack?)

So, yes, part of the reason I chose this job was because it SUPPORTED my new lifestyle.

It helps me live the life I want to live.

Because that's what is important to me now.


No comments: