Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Of Young Men and Old Ladies

Temptation, thy name is "New Job."

So, here's what you'd see if you walked in the front door of my new office:

  • Full body mount of a brown-colored bear (Grizzly or regular bear? I have no idea. But it's kinda big.)
  • Pool table, Nerf basketball hoops and old school Donkey Kong game.
  • Free-standing heavy bag with a T-shirt and gorilla mask on it, so that it looks like a person. And it scares me every time I turn the corner because I think someone is standing there. 

And ...

  • A stocked candy bowl at the reception desk.
  • A giant table that looks like the Sam's Club snack aisle. From Gardetto's and Pringles to granola bars to candy, stuffed to overflowing. "Want something that's not there?" my tour guide asks. "Just let us know. We'll get it." 
  • A stocked beverage cooler/fridge thing like you'd find in a gas station. Sodas, lemonade, tea, water. And beer ... for Fridays.
As if that wasn't enough, I've been in training for the past two days. On my table? One bowl of hard candies and one bowl with mini chocolate bars. I've eaten from both.

Urgh. 

This is a tech company. Filled with bravado and young men. And young men with fast metabolisms can handle the constant intake. For heaven's sake ... they even go out for lunch on top of it! 

Old ladies like me are going to have to watch it.

Or ask my boss for one of those treadmill desks ...

  

No comments: