Thursday, February 7, 2013

One Week, No Exercise

It feels funny, not exercising. 

I've taken a week or so off before; this isn't the first time. But I'm always amazed at how quickly it feels "normal" to not get a workout in every day. 

It's nice to sleep in every morning. It's nice to not get all sweaty before bed and then have to take a shower. It's nice to not delay the start of the weekend to allow enough time for a long run before the day really starts. 

I'm mostly watching what I eat. Not as carefully as I should be, I'm sure. Working from home a couple of days this week certainly didn't help the snacking issue. But I think I'm snacking smart, if that's possible. 

I have to admit that it's kind of a nice break. And I'm a little bummed that it will be over soon. 

My knee is better than it was (though still far from right), which means it's going to be time for me to test it out a little. And even though I am still taking stairs one at a time, I am able to get to the basement and lift weights if nothing else.  

Have I gained any weight, you ask? I don't know. I've chosen to not weigh myself during this time. If I have gained something ... when there's not a whole lot I can do about it ... I don't want to feel bad about it. It will come off when I can get back into my normal routine. 

I firmly believe a sabbatical is good for your brain. And while I want to get back to running more than anything, I am choosing to feel good about what this time off is doing for my head. It's going to give me a clear mind to tackle the training needed for the Rock the Rock Challenge!

Are you joining me? 

No comments: