Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Running Partner

You know I love running and walking because I can do it by myself. Me. Shoes. Road. Done. I have run with another person ... once. But it's just not me.

The only one I don't mind sharing the road with is Blue.

You've met Blue before:
The Dog Speaks
I'll Have What She's Having
Dog Years, Dysplasia and Me

The CC posting schedule has been kind of wonky this week because Ms. Blue had "an episode" and has required some extra attention. My apologies.

She needed me.

She's been on meds for bad hips, general arthritis and pain. It was all going fine until Sunday night when she pulled up lame and was unable to stand. Again. A couple of friendly, handsome neighbors helped me get her outside (I can't lift/carry her with this damn knee) and off to the vet we went on Monday.

Turns out, she was in pretty bad shape. Infection. Inflammation. Dangerously low platlet count.

Right now she's on three new meds and responding well. We're not out of the woods yet, but she's up and down on her own, in and out of the house by herself. She even walked outside with me to feed chickens tonight. She loves to feed chickens.

At this point her running days are behind her. They have been for a while. But as long as we can both hobble to the mailbox, I'm counting that as a win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm glad to hear she is responding to meds! I was worried about her. Tina