Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Really Fat Tuesday

At the suggestion of dear HR Girl, here comes two "day in the life" posts. (Hmmmm. Channeling Mrs. Kohls, methinks.) My goal is to show you the difference between  a free eating day and an on-program eating day. Compare and contrast the two days.

Fat Tuesday

5:45 a.m.
2.5 miles on treadmill at 4.0 pace

7:15 a.m. 
-Whole wheat sandwich thin with 2Tbsp peanut butter
-1/2 to3/4c fresh blueberries
-1 can Cherry Coke Zero

7:45 a.m.
-Two crackers, each with a smear of crab/cream cheese dip

12 noon
-Jambalaya that included andouille sausage, chicken, shrimp, tomatoes and rice. (The one I made had brown Minute Rice, the one Jeff made had much prettier long grain white rice.) I'd say 2 cups total.
-Two more crackers with crab dip
-Handful of puppy chow AND
-2" slice of delicious king cake AND
-2" square brownie AND
-bite size piece of something yummy with frosting (pumpkin maybe?)
-1 can Diet Coke
Damn the potluck. Especially the one where everyone brings delicious desserts.

3:30 p.m.
-Cupcake (I can't believe I'm admitting this right now.)

6 p.m.
-Leftover jumbalaya, 1.5 cups
-Celery sticks and cucumber slices with dill dip made with light sour cream
-4 pretzels

7:30 p.m.
20 minutes of weight lifting (I'm writing this in there as if it's already happened so that I have to go do it or be a liar.)






No comments: