Friday, January 18, 2013

I Feel Better When I Do It

It's simple, and it's true: I'm a different person when I exercise. I noticed it this past week in Las Vegas.

By the third day of the show, I was dragging. You know how it goes. You never sleep well in a hotel. You're eating at odd/late hours and you're eating a little off program. Your body is adjusting to the new time zone, but it's not quite there. In my case, being at a show requires me to be "in public" all day ... which is not my favorite thing or best skill. I have to work at being cheerful and chatty ... natural me is sort of crabby and quiet.

The fix? A workout.

Luckily, there was a window between the morning rush and the lunch break that allowed me to sneak away for a quick 4.5 miles, a second shower and yet another session with the curling iron.

But it was worth it.

Running made me feel more awake. Working out made me feel more cheerful. (There was dancing in the booth, y'all.) It was noticeable.

I love how that works.

No comments: