Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ornery ... and Then Some

Man.

Between this cold/allergies/coughing up a lung thing, the lack of sleep it causes, Jim being gone all week, a party to get ready for and the heat ... I am one flippin' ornery woman.

A total bitch, in fact.

Top it all off with the fact that I stepped on the scale yesterday after a weekend of debauchery and found I'd gained another 6 pounds (now up 17 from my 2012 steady weight) and I'm about to cry. Right after I tear your head off.

My solution?

Eat better and exercise more. Because it's all I can control right now.

Last night I walked and lifted weights. This morning, I did 45 minutes on my trainer and followed it up with 2 running miles and 2 walking miles this evening. Tomorrow a.m., I'm hitting that trainer again and tomorrow night, there's a Wii Just Dance dance off planned between me and my 11-year-old neice.

She was just singing in the shower. Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy. At the top of her lungs.

And totally on key.

THAT makes me smile, in spite of it all.

No comments: