Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I Love Working Out

I've been doing a bit of soul searching lately.

Not having a job will do that to you.

My summer of leisure (otherwise known as decompressing/re-evaluating my career path/gearing up for the next step in my life) is officially over and that means it's officially time to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing with my time, talents and passions.

In doing so, I'm trying to really look at what I love, what I want, what makes me happy.

I'll be honest ... I haven't found "it" yet. I haven't discovered the one magical job/vocation/calling that I am certain will fill me up for the rest of my days.

But I'm getting closer.

I'm ruling out a few things. Mostly living someone else's dream or working just to work. I've done both of those things now and neither appeals to me.

I have decided, however, that I know for sure that I love working out. I like the consistency with which I've been able to do it in my time off. I like training with Peggy, my RIPPED instructor, there to challenge me. I like setting goals and chasing them. I like variety in time of day, type of exercise, level of effort.

If only I had some coordination, rhythm and cheerfulness, being an instructor would be fun. I know myself well enough to know that I would be simply awful at that. So maybe I could find another way to help women like me find the same satisfaction and passion for it that I have found

So I'm adding this "working out" thing to the must-have column on my wish list.

Maybe with a little luck, that list will turn into a blue print for some kind of cool job.

Which will just make the really cool life I've been blessed with even better.




No comments: