Saturday, September 6, 2014

Push Ups Week 1

OK, CCland ... those of you who took the Push Up Challenge ... how are you doing?

These are my observations:

1. I'm actually on day 9, not day 6 because I started a few days early. But regardless, I am amazed at how quickly you get "better" at something like a push up. Do you get stronger? Yes. Does your body just figure out the coordination after repeating it so many times? Yes. Does your brain realize you CAN do something you thought you couldn't? Yes. And all three together means that it just gets easier.

(Grammar side note: Please, never say "irregardless." It's not a word.)

2. I am now doing four sets of 25, all on my toes. No more knees. I still do not do a military spec push up. My chest is not even close to the ground. I am sure, however, that my body is in good push up position. My butt is flat, even if my dips are not super low. They are lower than they were when I started, but they are not low.

3. I am sore in places I didn't expect. Of course my shoulders, chest, back, biceps, triceps hurt. I anticipated that. Surprisingly, my abs hurt. I can feel them pulling with every set. And the bases of my thumbs hurt. This one cracks me up. I'm guessing it's from the weight on my hands as they're fully taxed. We're also doing a lot of burpees in RIPPED and that might also contribute to this oddball thing.

What are you noticing? How is it going? Tell us!


No comments: