Monday, February 7, 2011

First Time Ever

I had to be in Madison this morning by 8. Which means I had to be up at 4:45 a.m. to get an hour on the treadmill in, get showered and get on the road in time.

So, last night, after the coolest Super Bowl in recent memory, I set my alarm and nodded off, dreaming of green and gold.

This morning, my eyes flew open at 4:15, before the alarm. I could literally not wait to get downstairs and start walking.

Seriously.

I wanted to get out of bed and exercise. For the first time ever.

I popped up willingly and enthusiastically. This. Never. Happens.

I'm sure it was because I ate like crap yesterday. Had lots of salty snacks, pizza AND a thin slice of chocolate cake.

And I think there's something about those swimming suits sitting in the spare bedroom that's really motivating.

But I knew that even if I wasn't exactly good yesterday, I had the power to get back on track today. I felt in control. I wanted to get back on top of it. I was looking forward to doing so.

Weird, huh?

It's a good thing I was so excited about working out, too. I accidentally set my alarm for 5:45 a.m., not 4:45 and would have had to skip the workout or had to start Monday an hour behind schedule.

I'm betting I won't be so enthusiastic tomorrow morning. But it was fun while it lasted!

No comments: