Thursday, February 24, 2011

Refrigerator Remorse

Back in post "Staples Save the Skinny" from November , I said a key to successful eating was to always have something decent in the fridge so when you get home late or are rushed, you still have great options on hand.

What a good rule.

And I broke it tonight.

We haven't grocery shopped since vacation. You know what that means ... no fresh vegetables or fruit to be found. Anywhere. It was OK for the first couple of days because I had some steamer bags of broccoli and peas in the freezer. Last night was Subway.

Tonight was a problem.

So I paired fake scrambled eggs with spicy chicken sausage. And then added some frozen hash browns. Ugh. Not a single, green, healthy thing in that.

It tasted OK. Pretty good, actually. But it's wrong. I swear I'm making time for the grocery store tomorrow.

No comments: