Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shifting

I put on a pair of pants today that I hadn't worn in more than a week.

(Last week was pre-Super Bowl casual week at my work ... jeans every day as long as you wore green and/or gold. Sad part of that story was most people HAVE enough green and/or gold, mostly in the form of NFL licensed team gear, to make it a whole week, no problem. But I digress.)

The pants were loose. Not too big. Not falling off my hips. Just loose. Roomier in placed they weren't roomy in a week ago.

Part of me was thrilled. Part of me sighed and thought, "Crap. My clothing budget is SPENT for the quarter."

Now, I'm not lighter than I was a week ago. I've been holding pretty steady for the past couple of weeks. Up one, down two, even, down one, up two ... even "gained" two lbs. during the Super Bowl game, according to my scale.

But it feels like things are starting to shift. Which usually means I might drop a couple of permanent pounds one of these days.

Fifteen pounds to my goal. I'm predicting I won't hit that until June. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: