Monday, November 18, 2013

Eating, Week of Nov. 10, 2013

(I am keeping track of my food for the Girls Got Grit program. And it was easiest for me to do it here.) 

MONDAY
7:30 a.m. Whole wheat sandwich thin (100 cal), 1.5T Skippy Natural Peanut Butter, 1c red seedless grapes, 1 can Cherry Coke Zero

10:15 a.m. Two cucumber sandwiches. Each contains 1 slice cocktail rye, 1t cream cheese, 1 slice cucumber

12:45 p.m.-3 p.m. 2C raw veg, 1t dip, two hard boiled egg whites.

3:45 p.m. Spark

Exercise: 6 p.m. Melt with modifications.

7 p.m. Stir fry with half head of red cabbage, onion, garlic, olive oil; whole wheat sandwich thin with 1/2t butter, 1 pretzel.

8 p.m. 1 square Dove dark chocolate.

TUESDAY:
Exercise: 5:30 a.m. 45 minute bike ride with intervals.

7:30 a.m. Whole wheat sandwich thin (100 cal), 1.5T Skippy Natural Peanut Butter, 1c red seedless grapes, 1 can Cherry Coke Zero

10:30 a.m.  3/4 C aw carrots/cauliflower, 10 almonds, Diet Coke

12:30 p.m. 1 C raw carrots/cauliflower. I string cheese. 2 pretzels. 4 almonds. 2 17-calorie Ginger chews.

3:30 p.m. 1 apple, 10 almonds. Diet Coke.

Exercise: 4:30 p.m. 25 minutes elliptical.

Exercise: 5 p.m. RIPPED.

6:30 p.m. Whole wheat tortilla, 3 oz. turkey deli meat, 2 slices pepperjack cheese, 1C raw cauliflower. 2 pretzels.

8:30 p.m. 1 Dove Dark square

WEDNESDAY
6:30 a.m.: Whole wheat sandwich thin (100 cal), 1.5T Skippy Natural Peanut Butter, 1c red seedless grapes, 1 can Cherry Coke Zero.

10:30 a.m. Snack: 3/4 C raw carrots/cauliflower, 10 almonds, Diet Coke

12:00 Lunch: Sabre pretzel/hummus combo, 3/4 C carrots/cauliflower

3 p.m.: 10 almonds, 1 apple

Exercise: 5 p.m.: Run 4 miles

6:30 p.m. Italian stirfry: summer squash, red pepper, red onion, chicken, pesto, whole wheat spaghetti

8:30 p.m.: 2 Dove chocolate squares

THURSDAY
Exercise: 5:30 a.m. Ride bike 45 minutes with intervals

7 a.m. Whole wheat sandwich thin (100 cal), 1.5T Skippy Natural Peanut Butter, 1 can Cherry Coke Zero. 

10 a.m. 10 almonds

11:45 a.m. Milio's Veggie wrap in low-carb tortilla, no mayo (provolone, lettuce, sprouts, tomato, guac), Diet Pepsi, snack size Heath candy bar

3 p.m.: 10 almonds and 1 apple. Diet Coke.

Exercise: Two sections of Advocare DVD

6 p.m.: Bowl of brussel sprouts, edamame, sliced turkey, Parmesan cheese slivers. 3 pretzels. 10 cherries. 1 Sprite Zero.

9 p.m. 1 Dove dark square.

FRIDAY (Warning! This get ugly!)
Exercise 5:30 a.m. Strength circuit with GGG team

7:30 a.m. 3/4C oatmeal with craisins and almonds

9:30 a.m. 8 almonds

11:30 a.m. Two hard boiled eggs with a smidge of fat free mayo and Dijon to turn them into deviled eggs, 1C raw veg with dip, 1C popcorn

1:30 p.m. 90-calorie Fiber One bar, 10 almonds

4 p.m. WAY TOO MUCH Crack-like homemade caramel chex mix

6:30 p.m. Baked fish dinner, Bennedetti's ... included bread, coleslaw, baked cod, drawn butter, french fries/American fries, three drinks and ICE CREAM after dinner drink. Ridiculous.

8:30 p.m. MORE Chex mix. And another drink. With Cherry Coke Zero, of course.

SATURDAY
7:30 a.m. MORE Chex mix. Must get this out of the house. Handful of pretzels

9:30 a.m. Apple. More Chex mix.

Exercise: 11:30 a.m. Walk/run 3.25 miles in the rain.

1 p.m. Grilled cheese, light on the cheese with whole wheat. Handful of peanuts in the shell.

Exercise? 2 p.m. Set up tables and chairs for 4H banquet, etc.

3:30 p.m. MORE FREAKING CHEX MIX! And a few handfuls of Doritos. (The weekend is lost at this point, or at least that's what my brain is saying.)

6 p.m. Potluck dinner ... roast pork/bbq pork (no bun ... as if that matters after eating all the damn Chex mix), spoonfuls of a few casseroles and salads. Go back for very small brownie. Eventually eat a piece of chocolate cake.

Exercise? 8 p.m.-10 p.m. Dance a little. Tear down chairs and tables and make 10,000 trips to the car.

EVALUATION: 
Ummmm, tooooooo mucccchhhhh fooooooood! The beginning of the week was fine. It all came off the rails on Friday. And once I screw up, I throw the towel in. I know better. I have done better. It's embarrassing to put this out there. You already know my history with this damn Chex mix. It is the most addicting thing ever and that's why I only make it during the holidays or when I'm taking it to a potluck. I can't have it in the house. (I won't even tell you I added popcorn and M&;Ms to this batch ... "camo corn" for a 4H banquet with a camoflage theme ... could I be more creative? It was truly amazingly awesome and horrible all at the same time.)

I think in my head this week I was saying ... I added workouts, so I get to eat more. Man, I love to eat. The truth is "scheduling" snacks made my workdays easier. I felt like I was always eating. And therefore always full.

This writing it down, seeing it and knowing you all are reading it is really eye opening. Let's see what next week brings. 

2 comments:

New Runner said...

I wouldn't say the week is a total loss. Honestly, my friend, I don't think you're eating ENOUGH. The Chex mix is a killer. I'd eat it too...and Doritos...my greatest love...can't resist them.
Also, it's hard to go out to eat and not indulge in the yumminess of fries and ice cream...isn't it??? Since I'm not a dessert person, I could do without the ice cream, but love the fries and the cocktails.
You always tell us to think about the GOOD in things...look at the week as a whole. One bad day does not equal a bad week. So, you had a few to many yummy treats...you exercised a lot, you built in snacks so you weren't starving, and you were honest with yourself in keeping a log of what you ate. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Honestly...look at your intake of food. Is it enough to sustain you? It seems like you should eat MORE. I've found that to be true for me sometimes. (but not more Chex mix or Doritos, or ice cream...that stuff is just FUN!)
Thanks for sharing the fact that you're real like the rest of us!!!

Miss Daisy said...

You're right. It wasn't all bad. But it was way off. And compared to what I ate when I was seriously losing, this was a LOT of food. You'd be horrified to know how much of that sugary, buttery Chex Mix with M&Ms I ate. I ate three mixing bowls full ... at least. It's so freaking good. Peggy said something today that makes sense to me. Changing your body is 80% what you eat, and 20% how much your exercise. I totally believe that. Now to get on it.