Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Guest Post: What Do You Love?

Today's post came in the form of a message to me via Facebook. I hope the writer will not be angry that I have shared it. I think she's dead on and I would love it if you'd use the comment section below or the CC Facebook page to post YOUR responses to her challenge at the end. 

As women, we need to give ourselves more. That means developing better relationships with our self. It's a daily job and there are hundreds of opportunities throughout the day to be kind to ourselves, but unfortunately, we usually do the opposite. 

We are all unique and at the same time, we are all one. You should not be any different; you should not be anywhere other than where you are at this very moment. Everything is fine. Everything is just as it should be. 

Breathe and think of three things you love about yourself. I'll go first: 

I love my body. I love me just as I am. I am a woman and I am me. That is enough. I am enough. Everything I need, I have it now. I love my body. I am not perfect, I am me. I am a woman and I have padding, but I am also strong and work hard at it. Nothing comes easy to me and I like it that way because I appreciate it more. I can still smile and be happy for everything I have and everything I am. Each of our imperfections are perfect. They make us who we are. Today, I am (I took out her name, and even using her CC handle seemed too personal) and that is enough. Your turn ...

Miss Daisy will go next to get your started: 

I love that I now know I am strong. Inside and out. My legs can carry me. My head understands that I am capable. And my heart knows what I am doing is right for me. My body is not the thinnest. It is not the most perfect. But it is MINE. I earned it ... all of it ... good parts and "bad" parts. I love that I know I am in charge. I can change what I don't like and celebrate--without apology--what I do like. And, if I'm being totally honest, I love seeing my collar bone in the mirror as I run on the treadmill in some hotel fitness center at 5:30 a.m. ... because every time I see it, I think, "Ha! That Miss Daisy is one tough chick."



No comments: