Thursday, November 7, 2013

She's Disappearing Before My Eyes

Once upon a time, we hired a quiet, young recent college grad into our work group. She was polite and industrious and put in a LOT of hours. She busted her butt on that entry-level job and was soon promoted.

She got married. She had a couple of kids. She got promoted again. And then again.

Over the years, we learned she wasn't nearly as shy as we first thought. She was, however, one of those folks who always stayed until it got done, always wanted to do it better and never gave a less-than-full effort.

And she's disappearing before my eyes.

Our jobs have taken slightly different turns. I don't get to see her every day like I used to.

A few weeks ago, I spotted her speed walking on a sidewalk near work. Arms pumping, pony tail swinging ... she was hauling! And I noticed then that she was noticeably smaller. More fit.

Yet when I caught her this morning coming out of a break room, I wasn't ready for the woman before my eyes.

She looked great.

I want you to meet her, too. I want you to learn how she's approached this "get healthier" thing because, as you know, I believe there is no ONE way to do this. Her experience may help you in a way mine or New Runner's does not.

I hope you'll join me in welcoming her when her first post arrives.

And I hope she'll let me post a picture of her pony tail. It's freaking awesome.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Looking forward to this series!

New Runner said...

Very excited to meet her! :)