Thursday, December 5, 2013

I'm in Love with a Dip ... and You Can Win a Prize!

I have a new infatuation.

It's called a tricep dip and I just can't get enough.

Here's how it goes:

Find a sturdy chair. Preferably "hard" ... not a poufy, lounge chair. Like a kitchen table chair. Or a weight lifting bench.

Sit on it. And slide your butt forward so that it's no longer on the chair, using your arms to support your weight, keeping your legs bent at 90-degree angles as if you are still sitting. Then drop your hiney toward the floor and pull yourself back up.

Repeat for three sets of 15. Or 20. Or do as many as you can for one minute.

You should feel it in your triceps ... that's the muscle opposite of your bicep on the back of your upper arm.

Mine have been sore for a week.

I love it because you need no equipment. Zero. Zip. Nada. You just need a damn chair. That means you can do it in a hotel room. Or at the airport. At your kid's soccer game, using the metal bleachers.

My hope is that it helps shrink some of that wavering chicken flap skin on the back of my arms.

Let's have a little fun. Have a loved one take a photo of you doing a tricep dip in an interesting or unusual place. I'll send the winner a present. I'm the judge. You have one week. GO!

No comments: