Friday, December 27, 2013

New, Hot Dip

I'm going to a party tonight and had to think of some sort of munchie to take. I didn't want to run to the store, so I did the stand-in-the-pantry-and-then-in-front-of-the-fridge-and-stare brainstorm.

You know the one ... the "Hmmmm, what can I make with a can of black olives, box of pistachio pudding and pickled beets?" brainstorm.

And, no, I didn't really go there. I went here instead. And if I say so myself, I did "good."

Hot Tinga Dip
2-3 C leftover Tinga (recipe here)
1 16-oz tub of light or fat free sour cream ... or fat free Greek yogurt if you have it. Or any combination of these.
1/2 brick of light cream cheese
Cumin
Sauce from chipotle peppers/hot sauce/red pepper flakes (your choice ... or none)
Tajin or lime/chili seasoning

Mix everything in a little crock pot until hot. Season to your own taste. Serve with a bag of Baked Scoops or homemade Pita Chips (recipe here). Like it looser? More sour cream, less cream cheese. Want it thicker? reverse that sentence.



No comments: