Friday, December 6, 2013

Inches Lost: Fact or Fiction?

Today was "update" day for my Girls Got Grit program. What that means is that we are at the halfway point of our 6-week session (actually, it's week 4 ... our busy schedules threw us a bit behind) and therefore time to take tape measure to body to see what's happening.

Since the past few weeks have been a bit crazy, and since I know I'm not eating or sleeping that well, my expectations were not high.

In fact, my very best hope was that I maintained. I fully planned on gains.

I also knew, that no matter what the tape said, I had earned the numbers on it. I was accountable for them.

So imagine my surprise when they weren't actually that bad.

Per Peggy, I lost 2.5" in my chest, a fraction in my waist, and I think she said 3" in my thighs, which must mean 1.5" in each?

She was a little surprised and took each measurement twice to verify. It didn't ring true to either one of us, especially after I told her that I wasn't eating very well and that my clothes weren't really fitting any differently.

So there are a few options:
1. I wore tighter clothes today, though they're the same kind of thing I wore the first day.
2. She measured "wrong" or differently the first time ... the tape was in a slightly different place.
3. I was uber-bloated the first time and not so today.
4. I actually lost something.
5. Some combination of all or some of the above.

I'm happy to take it. Again, I'm not necessarily FEELING a significant difference in my body, but I can tell I'm getting stronger and that is good.

Plus, the three other ladies on this journey with me also ALL lost inches.

There's something to this combination of cardio and strength training that I am starting to love.


1 comment:

Amber said...

Great job!!! Keep it up!