Friday, December 13, 2013

Tomorrow is the Day!

Look out, Madison! New Runner, my 11-year-old niece and I are coming tomorrow and we're going to kick the Jingle Bell 5K in the chops!

I talked to New Runner last night. She's READY! She hasn't actually done a full 3.1 miles yet ... but she knows that she can. And so do I.

The weather sounds like it's going to be perfectly AWFUL. Warmer, yes, with the high predicted to be over 20 ... which seems like a heat wave compared to the rest of this week. But it's also supposed to be breezy and snowing. Which translates to wet and cold. But we'll be done in 40 minutes or so ... that's manageable, right? Besides, the faster we move, the warmer and drier we'll be!

I promise there will be photos and celebration at the finish line.

I can't wait!

(And, thanks for bearing with me this week and not being pissed off over the lack of posting. I'm working on a post that will explain it all.)

No comments: