Monday, August 4, 2014

For the Love of Fruit

I can't get enough fruit right now.

I am eating red grapes by the pound, literally a pound or so every 24 hours. I'm noshing on cherries all day long, spitting seeds like a county fair champ. I'm dreaming of happy, dancing watermelons and pineapples in a can-can line.

And the broccoli and cauliflower in my fridge is pissed off. They're tired of being unloved and ignored.

In fact, just to get even, they sprouted brown spots and developed an odor in protest.

So I threw them away with the naked sweet corn cobs from dinner tonight.

The carrots are still holding out, looking longingly at me from the back corner every time I open the door, trying to lay some massive guilt trip on me so I pay attention to them.

Wish them luck.

FUN FACT: Eating on the road doesn't have to be a nutritional
nightmare. I found fresh cherries at Kwik Trip during a recent
car trip where breakfast had to be on the fly. Spitting pits out
the window is completely optional, but fun on the interstate. 

No comments: