Saturday, August 23, 2014

Squish-Squish-Squish ... Eeeeeeeewwww!

Friday's goal was a long run on my treadmill.

It's too dang hot and humid to get it done outside. And my treadmill and I are in a good place right now. We're happily dating, as it were.

So I walked four miles. Then I ran four. Then walked two, ran one, walked one, ran a half, walked a half, ran another half and walked another half.

(That's a total of 14 if you're keeping score. In other words, it was one DVR'd episode of Real Housewives of New Jersey and two of Who Do You Think You Are ... Brooke Shields and Valerie Bertinelli.)

I drank a lot. About 20 oz. of my beloved Advocare Spark and another 30 or so of good old ice water. I needed it. Know why?

Because I sweat like a farmhand.

And it was gross.

You know how, when you're really working, you start to feel the sweat rolling down your legs? Long about mile 11, I started to notice my feet were feeling wet.

At mile 12, I had to stop and take the inserts out of my shoes because they were sliding around.

At mile 13, there was audible squishing.

That's right. Squishing.

It takes a lot of sweat rolling down your legs to make your feet squish.

Remember this post where we discussed the difference between sweating and glowing? Sweat or Glow?  I told you then that I was not a ladylike "glower" and more like a farmhand sweat-er.

Proved it again today. Jim actually helped me out and recorded a video on his phone of me walking around squishing. But we're having technical difficulties getting it from his phone to here. I'm still working on it.

In any case, sweating so much that you create your own squish is so very charming, right?

d.

It felt like this, though I suspect it didn't look exactly
the same. I actually had to pull the insides of my
shoes out so they could dry. I was afraid of mold. 


No comments: