Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bad Salad

There are no good groceries in my house right now. And I haven't had time to get to the store to replenish. So I made a dinner salad tonight with what I had on hand. If you can avoid this combination, do so at all costs:

Spring Mix lettuce
Carrots
Tomatoes
Pepperochini
Feta
Cottage cheese
Slivered almonds
Dried cranberries

It sounds gross, right? So why would I put them together in the first place?
  1. I had very small amounts of each, so I used every "fresh," salad-y thing I had to make an overall serving big enough to fill my belly. 
  2. Sometimes things that sound gross don't actually turn out that way.
  3. I wanted to tidy up the fridge by using all these odds and ends.
Bad plan. And, I should probably tell you this ... I still wasn't full. So I had a Bread and Butter pickle chip chaser. I can already feel the stomach ache coming on.

What's the grossest thing you've ever created or consumed in the spirit of healthy eating?

No comments: