Thursday, August 18, 2011

Preparation DG

List of things to remember for my first-ever 5K:

Duct tape ... check.
Old bed sheet ... check.
Toothbrush ... check.
Fingernail clippers ... check.
And, of course, wet wipes ... check.

Jana, Maria and I are attempting the Dirty Girl Mud Run on Saturday. That's a 5K, in the mud, with 11 obstacles. We're going to climb an 8-foot wall, hurdle ourselves over big bales, stacked three or four high, climb a slippery-muddy cargo net and more.

We'll be doing this with 5,997 other women. Which I find amazing.

It's going to be so much fun. And we're going to laugh a lot. And then drink a lot, I hope.

P.S. The duct tape is for your shoes, so they stay on. The bed sheet is for your car ... while we'll hose down there, I'm sure there will still be dirt. The toothbrush and fingernail clippers (little file part) are to get the mud out of the obvious places. And the wet wipes are for the camera ... so I can take photos to post here!

4 comments:

HR GIRL said...

Have a blast! I know you all will.

marthamac said...

I can't wait to see pictures! :)

GaryAllanFan said...

Good luck! You are going to kick butt!

Miss Daisy said...

The good news is that they don't even keep time! It will certainly be an adventure.