Sunday, August 28, 2011

Personal Best

Six running miles Saturday morning. In a row. Along with 1.25 of walking.

And guess what?

It was almost "enough."

I was toying with the idea of joining some friends in the pursuit of the half marathon in February. But I think I'm over it.

Not sure I will have a real desire to go that far. And I kind of feel badly or guilty about that. I feel like I should WANT to keep running farther. I should want to continue to set goals and reach for them. I should want to push myself.

But, I don't.

I'm not sure if it's because I feel like I've climbed my mountain already. Or if it's because I'm just too lazy and tired to think about it right now. Or maybe I'm just content where I am.

And maybe I'll change my mind after the 10K with the 1.2-mile-long climb ... if the endorphins kick in and propel me toward a new summit.

However, I doubt it. So, in light of all of that, I think I might change my goals to be something more along with lines of "things I can do in my new body that were out of the question before."

Like, get on The Amazing Race.

P.S. 5K/10K update: I have ONE person officially joining me. I'll call her TrekFreak. She's going to do the 5K. No one else feels like they can go 3.3 miles on foot? Let's do it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should feel guilty because you don't want to run races or go farther than before. I can tell you that this half marathon is a once in a lifetime thing. It's a means to achieve my goal of being fit and healthy and able to run 3-5 miles comfortablely. Thats all.- amber

Miss Daisy said...

I'm not sure guilty is the right word. I think it might be more fear. I think there's a part of me that thinks if I get comfortable and don't continue to "push" forward, I'll gain all the weight back. I know it's not logical. But when you have spent so many years being so big, your head doesn't work quite right. And even when you know it's not working right, you can't quite stop thinking that way.