Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pizzeria Grilled Chicken

OK, this isn't really pizza at all. But when it hits the grill, it SMELLS like a pizzeria. It's a perfect summer supper with corn on the cob or moz/tomato/basil salad. Or both!

Pizzeria Grilled Chicken

Chicken breasts or skinless, boneless thighs
Olive oil
Garlic salt
Dried basil
Dried oregano
Dried minced onion
Salt and pepper
Chopped garlic (I usually have a jar in the fridge, and don't chop my own)

A few hours before you plan on grilling, smear enough olive oil on the chicken to allow the herbs to stick. I cover the chicken ... it's all green ... in whatever proportions you want. (Mo' garlic, mo' betta!) I don't think this can turn out badly, no matter what you do. Put the chicken in a Ziploc or in a glass dish in the fridge until it's time to grill. I like to let the chicken warm up on the counter 30 minutes or so before it goes on the heat.

Grill. Sniff. Enjoy!

No comments: