Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rico Southwest Turkey Burgers

In light of the ground turkey recall, I thought I'd throw this in there.

(But seriously, check your local news and your freezer ... I think it was Cargill brand that was bad.)

Rico Southwest Turkey Burgers
1 pkg. ground turkey (1.25 lbs.)
1-2 tablespoons minced onion
1-2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon (or more if you like!) finely chopped jalapeno or Serrano
1 tablespoon Tajin Classico Seasoning (a mixture of chili pepper, salt, lime and sold in the produce department of my WalMart ... though I bet the lime flavor of Mrs. Dash or those other herb mixes would work just the same. But if you use a salt-free version, add some salt and pepper in here, too.)
1 avocado, cut in slices
Garden salsa cheese slices or pepperjack cheese slices
Raw onion slices
Tomato slices
Iceberg lettuce leaves
Taco sauce

Mix the ground turkey with minced onion, peppers, cilantro, and Tajin. Make patties and grill. Melt cheese. Serve on wheat buns or Sandwich Thins, topped with avocado, raw onion, tomato and lettuce. Dress with taco sauce ... or salsa if you have it!

1 comment:

HR GIRL said...

These sound delish! I love turkey burgers so I am going to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.