Saturday, October 29, 2011

I (Heart) Gary Fisher!

I love my bike! I love my bike! I love my bike!

What I'm trying to say is, I love my bike!

Hopped on the treadmill this morning and ended up in tears. While my knee (after a week of continual ibuprofen) doesn't hurt too much to move, it's still "wrong." It feels like there's too much stuff inside the casing. And it feels like it could just collapse at any moment.

So I walked at a measly 3.0 mph for a mile just for spite and cried most of the way, cursing myself for being so stupid last Saturday. Part of me was hoping the damn thing would just explode so I could get it fixed once and for all.

(Dear God, I'm bitching because I'm frustrated. Please don't take me seriously ... I don't really want my knee to explode. Others have had injuries worse than mine and had to deal with them much longer. We both know I'm kind of a wuss. Thank you. Amen.)

This afternoon, I noticed that my knee wasn't throbbing. I was aware of it's "fullness," but there was no sharp, shooting pain.

This has to be a good sign, right? Maybe I just needed to get on it?

So, this afternoon, I broke out the bike and did 15 miles. I just couldn't sit still any longer. And, the bike is easier on knees, right?

Wearing some killer heels this evening, too. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Cross your fingers.

No comments: