Sunday, October 9, 2011

If It Feels Good ... USE IT!

Wouldn't you know it?

After kvetching about how I couldn't run yesterday, I decided to try something different today. As soon as the sun was up, I strapped on my neon green Brooks, grabbed a bottle of water and set out to run outside.

The plan was to run down my road, take a right and run until I hit the next crossroad ... about 1.8 miles. Then run back.

So I did. When I got to the crossroad, I thought I could go farther. And I added another quarter mile. Then I turned around and ran back.

Barely broke a sweat. (It was still kind of chilly.) Didn't really feel winded. Felt like I could have run all day.

But, alas, I had plans and had to get showered and in the car.

My point? If it feels good, use it. Know there are just some days that feel good and some days that feel not so good. When you unexpectedly bump into the good ones, keep going!

No comments: