Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Know Where I Get It

My mom is on this work trip with me. It's Vegas. She likes gambling. I hate Vegas and gambling, but love my my mom, so we're both here.

Before we left the house, she was very concerned about having room for all her food.

"I need to take fruit. I need fruit, Miss Daisy. I have a piece of fruit every day for breakfast, and sometimes for lunch. Do you have room in your carry-on?"

And then I look. She has about 10 pieces of fruit in plastic grocery bags. And a box of 18 granola bars. Her cache is stacked next to my snack bags filled with wasabi peas, pretzels, Dove dark, almonds, cranberries and my own Fiber One bars. Combined, we have enough to keep a small army alive for a few days.

I talked her out of a few of the granola bars. We left them in the car at the airport.

But we'll sure be popular people if there's some sort of disaster and food is in demand.

No comments: