Thursday, October 13, 2011

Plane. Plan. Prevent Pizza Pigouts.

Getting ready for yet another work trip. Leaving on a jet plane Sunday, returning Tuesday. The weekend leading up to the departure is pretty booked and if I don't think about my eating now, I'm going to be sunk in the moment.

Here's what we're looking at:

Friday night, dinner with Crazy Cousin and hub. Saturday night, dinner with the fam-damily, for my favorite Mexican. Sunday dinner will happen late upon landing on Long Island ... land of pizzerias and delis. Monday lunch and dinner out with business partners ... that means drinks, appetizers and desserts. Tuesday a late flight home, screwing up the dinner hour.

Ugh.

So much eating. So much potential bad stuff.

Here's how I play defense:

1. Staying at the Hampton Inn, where I know I can get a healthy breakfast and there's apples for snackin'. And a nice fitness center.
2. Deciding now what I'm eating for lunch Monday and Tuesday ... regardless of the restaurant. Lettuce. If there is no lettuce available, I'll have a stolen Hampton Inn apple in my bag.
3. Taking an extra set of workout gear to squeeze in a walk Sunday night.
4. Packing my favorite traveling nibbles in those adorable, half-size snack bags, of course.
5. Getting a solid game plan together now ... and telling you about it so I have someone to hold me accountable.

No comments: